what's not awesome? taxes.

February 13, 2012

honestly. i'd rather be contributing to a cig collection than dealing with this time of year.

artist jeremy zini's home via an afternoon with... (which is incredible, btdubs)

raise your hand if you get down with doing your taxes.

truth is, i used to do my own. and i took great joy in the challenge.
one year i even did my own and then took them somewhere to make sure i was as awesome as i thought.

i am was.

but then came along a husband (they complicate everything).
and a legitimized partnership (love you, jess).
and last year damn near gave me a permanent disorder.


so this year i'm determined to maintain zen.

of course, i haven't had my appointment with my tax man, so my left eye isn't twitching yet.
i do tonight, though.
wish me luck.

 <<< happy place happy place happy place >>>





9 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Tobe you are hilarious! I hear ya- tax season stresses me out. I am so impressed you did your own and actually managed to do them correctly! Def something I have yet to accomplish. Thank you for the beautiful images to compensate for tax woes! :)

Jalon Burton said...

I love that kitchen and just featured it in one of my posts too! Take the taxes slow... they are a pain, but... death and taxes, right? Have a marvelous Monday.

victoria | vmac+cheese said...

A simple W-2 return? Can totally handle. Anything beyond that? Yeaaah... Taxes are totally the type of thing where I'd rather throw money at the situation and make sure it's done right. I have issues with rule breaking, so the thought of doing it wrong and having the IRS after me stresses me the eff out.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

The sooner you get it over with; the happier you'll be!..... and you can plan to do something fabulous with your refund! :)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I HATE doing the taxes!!!! We even have Deloitte to make it for us, but honestly you do as much work as filing them yourself, is ridiculous!
And this year we have tax equalization because we've been expats for a year now, no no no, not looking forward to it...
Let's just have a drink instead (and I don't even drink ha!)

17 Perth said...

Hahaha--I agree 100%....taxes = no bueno. (I have to pay every year. blah.) And, my tax guy is always nice enough to do a drum roll for me. ;) Good luck tonight---and stay in your happy places. :)

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Haha Tobe, you're hilarious! As much as I also hate filing taxes, I'm not sure it's worth starting a cig collection or a drinking habit!! Good luck lovely :) X

MFAMB said...

haha we never have to worry about that shit bc neither one of us make enough GD money! it is still not awesome.

Anonymous said...

HA!!! I hadn't seen this post before. Taxes definitely are NOT awesome!! xoxo elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger