Monday Blues // 46

August 5, 2013

Lauren Santo Domingo's office, designed by Daniel Romualdez via Architectural Digest

Most of us have probably seen this image already. Being that I just got my issue of AD, I finally got to devour it in all of its glossy glory and I'm dying. Love the mix of pattern, the pink on the walls with those black door frames, the bold simplicity of those prints, the grounding stripes. And then there's the burl wood tables that make my heart explode into a thousand tiny pieces. Too good.

I have been going back and forth between a gray with lavender undertones and a peachy coral for my office at home, and this really makes me lean towards the coral.

Please note that I will NOT be painting said office anytime soon. The will to paint has expired completely. Over it. We slaved over the entry/stairs/second floor hallway this weekend and I don't think either of us (or my mom, who is both a saint and a crazy person because she loves to trim) would care to see a paint brush for some time. I am very very happy with the results from both floors, but the staircase leaves a bit to be desired. I'll take care of that once I can stomach the idea of painting again, but here's a peek at the results so far:



To quote my husband: "I think we have moved past Johnson County beige."

Sassy, right?? Now to get some art on those walls.
LOVE our new Ballard fixture in the entry, too!

Also, if I disappear this week, it's because my dreams came true and I had this baby early.
Mama's ready.

12 comments:

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

So funny I almost did our nursery a similar shade to Lauren's office. I went with purple gray- anything in the pink family just seemed too girly to me (I am weird I know). Love your entryway color and really love the light fixture would love to put that in our hallway!

Dana Frieling said...

Isn't it funny how you have grand ideas until the labor begins then suddenly one room seems sufficient? ha! Your entry looks beautiful. Is it black or navy? I'm on the hunt for the perfect navy myself.

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

You are stylin' up Johnson County for sure girl! So loving the color! And good luck - hopefully that baby arrives soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing at your husband's quote!

Unknown said...

Johnson county beige HA! Looks fantastic!

There is only one reliable way to start labor and it's pretty much how the baby got there in the first place :)

Tobe | BIA said...

@Dana, it's actually a very dark gray (Benjamin Moore Soot), but it has strong blue undertones and actually does look navy in certain light. I love it!

@Erin, we have our last parenting class tonight. Then it's game on. I will take your method into strong consideration :)

Nichole Loiacono said...

It's looking fantastic! Great color! OH, and here's hoping that baby makes an early appearance.

my favorite and my best- MFAMB to you said...

well done.

FripperyVintage said...

Beautiful, love the blue and white pots as well.

Unknown said...

LOVE the paint and trim. Best of luck for a smooth and speedy delivery sweetie !
xo nancy

Unknown said...

Aww it looks fabulous! Love the way the doors pop. Speaking of popping, go get that baby out already, we want to welcome the little one into the world ;) xxx

Colleen said...

The paint looks fantastic! Have been stalking that fixture for a while but decided to go in another direction. Glad you love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger