Month of Awesome // Nov 1-3

November 3, 2013

Several years ago after going through a rough break-up, I started a gratitude journal where I noted something to be thankful for each day. Could be meaningful, could be arbitrary. Didn't matter. It was just an excuse to see the positive. (It lasted maaaaaaaybe one week.)

I celebrate my 33rd birthday this week and with Thanksgiving approaching for us Americans, I think it's just the right time to start this up again. There is so much to be grateful for, even in our most trying times. I'll be doing this via Instagram and Facebook with recaps here each week (this will keep me accountable). I invite each of you to do the same if you so wish. Use #monthofawesome if you decide to play. I'd love to follow along!


Nov 1 // Thankful for these two that I'm blessed to share my everyday with.

Nov 2 // Visited the local Arboretum and Botanical Gardens with my brother and his family on Saturday. It was my first time and, though we missed the blooming season, there was still plenty of art to entertain us while we spent time out in the crisp fall air. I'll be making a habit of visiting next year for sure!

Nov 3 // Eric and I had a lot of housework to take care of today. (Not so easy with an infant.) I got a text at one point that I needed to go upstairs and check out the backyard...where I found a very sweet message waiting for me. He's ridic :)

Care to join me? #monthofawesome

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this ideal I will definitely join ya :)

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, that message in the backyard is the sweetest! Love this gratitude idea! It's definitely important to remember how blessed we are!

Jacquelyn | lark & linen said...

cutest husband ever award? I love this idea. I'm going to try to participate as much as I can!

VL - victoriaINkansas said...

Well, I love his message to you. Too sweet.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

You have the sweetest husband!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tobe!!!! :)

Jennifer @ Belclaire House said...

So Sweet! I love this idea and I'll totally do it with you! Happy Birthday!! xo

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

that's adorable! he's a keeper!

My Interior Life said...

That is just the sweetest (both the pic of the hubs and Ava & his sweet message). I mean, hello, he totally raised the bar for romantic gestures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

© Because It's Awesome All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger